What's Buzzing on Twitter
My blogroll is currently chock full of websites that keep me up to date in the world of coffee. If we want to talk new, nothing compares to Twitter for following the latest. So here are 10 feeds that I've found to be useful, entertaining, and just plain fun that keeps the buzz going. The interesting thing about Twitter for following a beat like coffee, is you can run into by following just businesses (can get too self-promotional) or individuals (can be just plain off-topic). In an effort to balance the two, I'm hoping to maintain a mix of individuals and businesses. Below are ten examples:
- @mviser - Matt Viser is the Boston Globe's national politics and White House journalist who also happens to be killing it with a coffee lifestyle section called "Double Shot". His tweets are informative and broad in scope.
- @sprudge - they continue to be a great resource both on their website and on - 22K others seem to think so as well.
- @BARISTAMAGAZINE - Who knows interacts with the coffee community and its consumers more than baristas?
- @ILOVECOFFEEjp - Ryoko is a coffee addict from Japan and living in Seattle. Her posts are entertaining, fun, and sometimes informative.
- @WCoffeeResearch - this is an organization that knows the coffee from the supply and farmer family world, inside out.
- @ghowellcoffee - George Howell invented the Frappuccino. He sold this and his high-end coffee shop in Boston to a company you may have hear of: Starbucks. He's a huge advocate for the economic sustainability for coffee farmers and is known more recently for "Terroir Coffee", his company that sources from single origin coffee farms.
- @DailyCoffeeNews - another blogroll steal, Daily Coffee News tweets are brilliant and link to pieces that are more in-depth journalism.
- @dripdrop_coffee - a blog dedicated to the coffee culture around the globe.
- @FRSHGRND - Aaron Frey tweets FRSHGRND adores coffee and the people who are behind making it. He mostly links back to his blog, which is fine because the posts are great and I'm a fan of his website layout.
- @coffeetographer - I'm more a fan of Chérmelle Edwards' Twitter posts than her blog site, which seems to focus on fashion photography at the moment. However she does tweet interesting reads on coffee from around the web